Good Morning ASA Families:
Well we made to the final week of a very unusual school year. This year has stretched us outside of our comfort zone but has also built strong bonds among teachers, staff and families. We have come together to support one another and have shown what families do in difficult times. As we enter this final week and this uncertain summer, I am proud at how the ASA community has come together as one. Now here are the updates for the week:
- Monday, June 15th will be the final day of instruction for the school year. Beginning on June 16th, we will start the summer clean up by allowing parents (no students please) to enter the school to clean out their child’s desk and locker. The school will be open from 9:00-3:00 daily and teachers will be in the building intermittently over that time period. If you feel the need to talk with your child’s teacher please send them a message confirming the days and times they will be in the building. Please note that this is not a time to have a Parent – Teacher conference. We are limiting the time people spend in the building so if you need a conference please schedule a time for a virtual meeting or phone conference.
- The Parent Update meetings will be at 12:30 and 6:30 this week.
- Final Report Cards will be sent home after June 24, 2020.
- We will have a “Thank You, Good Luck” parking lot drive through parade on Thursday, June 18th from 10:30-12:00 in the St. Mary’s Church parking lot. Please see details below:
ASA would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all the ASA students and families for their unwavering support and love over this trying year. We would also like to send off our amazing Eighth graders, as they begin the next chapter in their lives. Teachers and staff will be stationed throughout the St. Mary’s parking lot for parents and families to drive by and see at a socially acceptable distance. The THANK YOU/8th Grade Send Off Parade will be Thursday, June 18th starting at 10:30. We are asking that families enter St. Mary’s parking lot from the Second St entrance and will continue through the parking lot along the “parade route”, exiting the parking lot onto First Street. Last but not least, if possible we are asking families to create posters showing our 8th graders how much they are loved by ASA.
- Our current enrollment number is holding at 85 students enrolled from Pre K to 8th This number is slightly lower than past years but with the uncertainty surrounding the next school year it is not totally unexpected. Our budgeted enrollment goal is 101 students. I have every confidence that we will reach and exceed that number. I can say with certainty that “When school opens in the fall of 2020, All Saints Academy will have all health and safety protocols in place to provide a NORMAL, NON HYBRID schedule for all of our students. We have the great fortune of being able to accommodate more students based on classroom size to not use a model of distance and in classroom instruction. We have room to grow in EVERY grade level from K-8”
- Remember our Ambassador program will give a referring family and new family $500 off tuition. This is a great incentive to share the great things and add to our ASA family.
- Reminder that the Variety Show and Egg Drop videos are due Friday.
- The 8th Grade Graduation Mass is June 24th at 6:00 pm. We are awaiting final approval for the group size to increase so that we can include the ceremony and a small number of guests. It is my expectation that we will have a clear answer no later than June 17th, possibly sooner.
- Our Summer Program will begin on July 6th, 2020 and will run until August 21st. We will have three groups (PK; K-3; 4-8) and because of social distancing procedures the groups will be capped at 12 students. Please use the interest form attached to this email if you have not already contacted me.
- The list of families that have expressed interest in Summer program and have ordered a yearbook is attached to this email. If you are not listed please contact myself or Mrs. Reimann.
- Yearbooks will be available for purchase and pick up beginning on July 6th.
- The School Reopening committee will be sending out a survey this weekend. Please complete it so that we may be aware of your concerns and thoughts as we work to reopen a clean, healthy and safe school for the summer and next school year.
- On a final note, I want to thank all the parents, on behalf of the ASA teachers and staff, for their generosity last week on “ASA loves their Teachers” Day. We truly appreciate all that you do for us each day with your support and trust in teaching and caring for your children.